You’ve found your groom. You’ve bought the perfect dress. You’re expecting a fairytale wedding. Now all you need is the best wedding venue. Having a perfect wedding relies largely on the venue. That’s why you should treat finding a wedding venue as if you are buying a new house. It’s where you will treat your friends and relatives to the most memorable night of your life.
Here are some tips to help you search for the best wedding venue
- As soon as you arrive at a venue you will automatically have a certain feeling towards it. Trust your instincts. If you feel a certain vibe when you are at the venue then that’s a good start. You will know automatically if a certain venue is not right for you and your wedding. This doesn’t mean that you should not use logic when choosing a wedding venue. It’s the place where you will exchange vows with the man you love so it has to feel right.
- A wedding is a very important event. So take your time when choosing the venue. You should start looking for a venue at least a year before the wedding date. This will give you plenty of time to make the right decisions and change the venue in case something comes up. Don’t rush when choosing a wedding venue. If you give yourself enough time, then you can make the right choice.
- The size of the venue is a very important consideration. If the venue is too large, the wedding will lose its intimacy. If it’s too small, it will be cramped and uncomfortable. Of course, the size of your venue depends on the number of your guests. So before looking for a venue, you should at least have a rough idea of how many guests you will be inviting. Be as precise as possible. Try to keep the range no higher than 50 people. If you say you are planning for between 150 and 400 guests, expect a disaster.
- Don’t forget the dance floor. This is where mistakes are made. If you are dealing with 300 guests, then a 10 by 10 dance floor won’t do. The more guests you have, the larger the dance floor will need to be.
- One of the complaints people have when attending a wedding is the lack of parking spaces. Be sure that the wedding venue you choose has enough parking spaces for all your guests. Parking may be a minor consideration, it becomes a major problem when there isn’t enough.
- Be sure to ask about the restrictions of the venue, if there are any. Some venues have time restrictions while others will let you party all night long. There are venues with decorations restrictions.There may even be restrictions about noise so you might not be able to hire a band or bring in a sound system. Check if the wedding venue will allow you to bring your own caterer, florist, decorator, etc.
- Have a layout of your wedding. Before choosing a wedding venue, you need a drawn-out plan. You need to know where you want guests to sit, where you want the reception area, the dining area, etc. Then see if the venue fits your layout.
- Remember, with a well thought out plan, plenty of time, and a little research, finding the best wedding venue can be a piece of cake. Without these components, a nightmare. The choice is easy.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $22.55Was: $23.95
- Price: $9.90Was: $23.95
- Price: $10.73Was: $60.00
Hope the article is helpful for you. Don’t forget to share your feedback with us in the comments section below.